2011年9月19日月曜日

Blogging Assignment 1

   My topic for the essay 1 will be "the change in gender roles and values in Japan". The reason I chose this topic is because I am interested in Japanese gender matters. In Japan, there are many Japanese women working in society. In addition, there are some men taking places of their wives and doing houseworks and nursing. However, this was not possible if it were hundreds of years ago. In my essay, I will write about how gender roles in Japan have changed. Moreover, I want to write about how Japanese people changed their values and what made them change. My thesis statement will be "There have been various changes in Japanese values; as they changed, gender roles also have changed in Japan".

1 件のコメント:

  1. I think this topic is very interesting and very appropriate. This thesis, however, is still rather too broad and vague for my taste. The thesis should be more specifically focused. Try something like this...

    Several specific changes in Japanese values that have occurred through (name the period of time here) may be correlated with specific changes in gender roles in Japan over the same period of time.

    Is this what you are thinking about in terms of a thesis?

    返信削除